Collaborator on a clinical project at St. George hospital, looking at implementation of a Clinical Pathway for Care of Dying Patients.
Active participant in recruitment of patients for a number of clinical trials in Palliative Medicine,which are based at Calvary Hospital,and are under the auspices of the National Palliative Care Clinical Studies collaborative(PaCCSC).
Involved with the Phase 1 A&E DIG Group, and have been involved in the writing,organisation and setting up of the Palliative care Component of phase 1 A&E teaching.
Involved in writing and marking student assignments and projects for Phase 1 A&E each year.
Involved in the Clinical on-site teaching of Phase 2 A&E students when they spend a week in Palliative Care setting. We have 5 Groups of students for teaching every year, and I coordinate the Programme over the 3 hospital sites in my “zone”.
Am involved in organising , coordinating and teaching the JMOs across the palliative Care Services in the CHN.
Involved in Advanced Trainee registrar supervision and teaching, and involved in the organisation and coordination, as well as teaching, in the Statewide Palliative Medicine Advanced Trainee Education programme, coordinated by the Sydney Institute of Palliative Medicine (SIPM).
Participate in clinical teaching of the Basic Physician programme (RACP) Trainees at St. George Hospital
Broad Research Areas:
Specific Research Keywords:
Palliative Care, Palliative Medicine, Ageing
BMed (Hons), FRACP
Society Memberships & Professional Activities:
- Director of the Palliative care Service at St. George Hospital.
- Area Director of the Palliative Care Service for the Central Hospitals Network of SESIAHS.
- President of the NSW Society of Palliative Medicine.
- Member of the NSW DOH Palliative Care Advisory Group.
- Member of the NSWOG Palliative Care Group.
- Member of the Management Committee of the RACP Chapter of Palliative Medicine.